Mission: To protect and restore pollinators to improve the environment and sustain our food supply.
Vision: We envision a world that values the environment and lives in harmony with pollinators, our lands and waters.
WHO WE ARE: PFA is a dynamic grassroots conservation organization concerned about the steep decline of pollinators powered by volunteers, the support of our partners and community. Pollinator Friendly Alliance is a non-profit 501C3 (application in process).
2019 OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS
Christina Arndt, Treasurer
Kathy Feste, Board of Directors
Craig Hansen, Chair of Board of Directors
Tim Hanson, Board of Directors
Lisa Kane, Board of Directors
Tara Kelly, Board of Directors
Jonathan Kvasnik, Board of Directors
Carson McEvoy, Secretary
Claudia Morgan, Board of Directors,
Jean Rivard, Board of Directors
Laurie Schneider, Executive Director
VOLUNTEER or INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteer for habitat installation or gardening, advocacy or community stewardship, organizational support, or special events.
Internships: Pollinator conservation internships designed to grow your experience and knowledge.
WHAT WE DO:
• Pollinator conservation programs and presentations;
• Events: PolliNATION Art & Music Festival, and Best Practices for Pollinators Summit;
• Restore protected pollinator habitat;
• Reduce pesticide use through education, collaborations with state, county and local community, and advocating change;
• Promote civic stewardship and pollinator protections in Minnesota state, county and local communities.
• Collaborations to increase impact, together we are stronger.
2018 - 2019 Strategies:
• Increase protected habitat including Butterfly Landing at Pine Point Park, Pollinators Landing at Mulberry Creek, and Pollinator Patchwork at City Hall.
• Explore and develop capacity building actions with refined systems for fundraising to increase donor base, foundation and other grants.
• Create statewide coalition for public utility right of way habitat best practices initiative.
• Expand collaborative projects and programs with other public and privately held organizations.
• Foster Pollinator Friendly resolutions and ordinances in Minnesota communities.