POLLINATOR FRIENDLY ALLIANCE
Mission: To protect and restore pollinators to improve the environment and sustain our food supply.
Vision: We envision a healthy world that lives in harmony with pollinators, our lands and waters.
Who we are: PFA is a dynamic grassroots conservation organization concerned about the steep decline of pollinators. PFA is powered by volunteers plus the support of our partners and community. Pollinator Friendly Alliance is a non-profit 501C3 (application in process).
What we do:
• Provide education tabling, programs and talks;
• Annual PolliNATION Festival, and Best Practices for Pollinators Summit;
• Increase protected pollinator habitat;
• Reduce pesticide use through education, collaborations with state, county and local community, educating decision-makers, and advocating change;
• Promote civic stewardship and pollinator protection resolutions in Minnesota state, county and local communities.
• Collaborations with other organizations and individuals to increase reach and results.
2018 - 2019 Strategies:
• Increase protected habitat for pollinators including butterfly sanctuary at Pine Point Park, Washington County.
• Expand and complete final phases of pollinator park at Laurel & Owens, Stillwater, culminating with 2018 ribbon cutting.
• Develop and implement communications/outreach systems.
• Explore and develop capacity building actions with refined systems for fundraising to increase donor base, foundation and other grants.
• Continue public utility right of way habitat best practices initiative.
• Continue local and enhance regional educational programs.
• Expand collaborative projects and programs with other public and privately held organizations.
VOLUNTEER AND INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES, email: email@example.com
Volunteer for habitat installation or gardening, advocacy or community stewardship, organizational support, or special events.
Internships: Pollinator conservation internships designed to grow your experience and knowledge.